Profile

Name: Mia
Age: 22
Nationality: Icelandic
Birthdate: September 19th, 1982
Occupation: Village idiot and aspiring rich widow
Favorite movies: American Beauty, The Notebook, Vanilla Sky, Lost in Translation, anything by Woody Allen, The Straight Story, In The Bedroom, Monster's Ball, The Bridges of Madison County, Carlito's Way, Dazed and Confused, The Burbs, The Breakfast Club, About Schmidt, Teen Witch (don't ask)

Favorite books: The Kitchen God's Wife, The Bonesetter's Daughter, The Joy Luck Club. The Hundred Secret Senses, The Lovely Bones, Fried Green Tomatos at The Whistle Stop Cafe, Daisy Fay and The Miracle Man, Where The Devil's Island Rises, Independant People

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What can I say? My milkshake is just that good.

Life's short and hard like a body building elf

Life is not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman. You're just mad coz she won't let you get that pussy.

Archives

January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
July 2003
September 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
December 2005
May 2006
July 2006

Links

The Mother of All Time Wasters *
If you're weird enough, this is hysterical. *
Information about my church *
My future ex-husband *
Hands down the best program for mp3s *
Everything from the hilarious to the disgusting (no, not my photo album) *
What's your dysfunction? *
For those lonely nights... *
We all have secrets, darling *

August 11, 2004

I don't know if it's the heat or my rather mundane job, but I think I'm finally losing the very last of my marbles. I've been reading paperback thriller after paperback thriller for weeks now, and I have reached a point where half the time I think I'm IN a paperback thriller. Which brings me to my question. Have you ever wondered how you would be described if you appeared as a character in one? It seems to be the trend in british thriller trash to describe everyone as grimly and as coldy as possible. It's supposed to seem "insightful" and "intelligent". No one is ever attractive or cheerful. Granted these do take place in England where people generally are not attractive nor cheerful, but I digress. The point is that these descriptions always sound something like this:
Her thin, wispy hair seemed greasy as she ran her fingers
through it nervously, glancing at the door every couple of seconds like she was
expecting someone. Her nails had been bitten and she had a visible nicotine
stain on two of her fingers and I could see a small cut on the back of her hand
that was beginning to get slightly infected. She tugged at the hemline of her
cheap skirt to try and cover the bruises on her dry knees while she spoke,
her non descript color eyes shifting warily around the shabby room, nervously
eyeing the dim light leaking in between the unwashed, orange curtains and
casting light onto the messy coffee table covered with Indian takeaway boxes and
overflowing ashtrays...
Well, you get the idea.
I have now ODed on these books and have become like the Don Quiqote of the paperback thriller. I'll put the book down, and go on about my business and then I'll catch myself ten minutes later sneaking looks at the people around me, wondering if THEY might be the killer. "Hmm, Elder Holdaway is looking mighty suspicious today..." and almost instantly some dreary description pops into my head.
He slouches slighty as he sits in his chair, gazing awkwardly
up at the rest of us and I bite my tounge so as not to tell him to sit up
straight. There is something endearing about the way he carries himself, it's
almost childlike. He unsuccessfully tries to stifle a nervous giggle as the
attention was suddenly drawn towards him and I can tell that he's blushing.
It just occurred to me that if I'm found dead in the near future (paperback thriller...), Elder Holdaway probably found this and read it. I would just like to profuselly state for the record that I don't REALLY think Elder Holdaway is an overgrown child who slouches. I'm merely using him as an example as I try to imitate the poetic genius of the 21st century that I am so deeply immersed in from 8 am to 5 pm every day. It could just as well be Elder Whoever-else. And I love him really, he's adorable. He hates me though, but I don't let his undulled hatred curb my affections. Nor his morbid fear of me. I'm an unrelenting loooove machine.

Wanna dip your pretzel in my love gravy, baby baby?

PS: Utah-David was none too happy about my little blurb about him in the last blog, and I would just like to state for the record that it was all a cruel, heartless joke. David is in fact sweet as cotton candy and pure as the driven snow.

Mia :: 8:45 PM

Comments:
A good mormon would spend her free time reading the Satanic verse, i mean that other book. The one where only good things happen.....
 
A good mormon would spend her free time reading the Satanic verse, i mean that other book. The one where only good things happen.....
 
Good things? You have obviously never read the Book of Mormon. In all honesty I can't say I have either... haha. But I heard the word on the strizzeet about wut goes down, woot woot.
 
see mia.. was it that hard to say something nice about me lol. but anything from you is fine with me, but its just cause your a sexy bitch thats all there is to it.
 
Post a Comment