Profile

Name: Mia
Age: 22
Nationality: Icelandic
Birthdate: September 19th, 1982
Occupation: Village idiot and aspiring rich widow
Favorite movies: American Beauty, The Notebook, Vanilla Sky, Lost in Translation, anything by Woody Allen, The Straight Story, In The Bedroom, Monster's Ball, The Bridges of Madison County, Carlito's Way, Dazed and Confused, The Burbs, The Breakfast Club, About Schmidt, Teen Witch (don't ask)

Favorite books: The Kitchen God's Wife, The Bonesetter's Daughter, The Joy Luck Club. The Hundred Secret Senses, The Lovely Bones, Fried Green Tomatos at The Whistle Stop Cafe, Daisy Fay and The Miracle Man, Where The Devil's Island Rises, Independant People

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What can I say? My milkshake is just that good.

Life's short and hard like a body building elf

Life is not a bitch, life is a beautiful woman. You're just mad coz she won't let you get that pussy.

Archives

January 2003
February 2003
March 2003
April 2003
July 2003
September 2003
November 2003
December 2003
January 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
December 2005
May 2006
July 2006

Links

The Mother of All Time Wasters *
If you're weird enough, this is hysterical. *
Information about my church *
My future ex-husband *
Hands down the best program for mp3s *
Everything from the hilarious to the disgusting (no, not my photo album) *
What's your dysfunction? *
For those lonely nights... *
We all have secrets, darling *

January 09, 2005

If it seems to anyone that I was unduly harsh towards my mormon people in my last post, I do apologize. I can't seem to find a side of this issue I care to stand on. Everyone insists on either catagorizing you as for all of it, or against all of it. And it's just not that simple to me, really. But I think I've resigned myself to the fact that I most likely will always be mormon by definition (or perhaps by default?). I've realized that I believe in a lot of the church's teachings, I'm just a little bit less inclined to believe in some of the members' teachings so to speak. I don't want to become a Utahrd. I don't want to become some kind of floor length wool dress wearing nazi. I refuse to stand for opinions that are anti-abortion, anti-gay rights, pro-death penalty, etc. But I've also realized that I don't have to. Being a mormon doesn't require me to become someone else. I'll never be an over-zealous nazi mormon, but maybe that's OK too. I've accepted the church for what it is, and it's now going to have to accept me for who I am. Not mold me into something acceptable.

Well. I think I've beaten the skin off of that dead horse for long enough.

What else is new? Hmm. Well. Me and Top Gun are most likely going out on another date. Why is it that the moment I decide things shouldn't happen, they happen? It really is amazing and can I just hereby state for the record that I'll be goddamned if I'm going to win a million dollars in the lottery and by some miracle be remolded into some superbeauty. It simply will not happen. I shan't allow it.
I don't really like him any more than I did the last time I posted here though. But I still have a morbid fascination with having things go my way, so I'll make one last ditch effort at making it to first base. Just for the hell of it. Anyone care to make a humble wager?

In other news, I signed up for a proposterous amount of classes for next semester in a desperate attempt to get to the beginning of the end of this ridiculously long stint at this same school. The people who signed me up just laughed when they saw how much I was applying for and said, "no social life, huh?". Bastards. Surely, there's someone I can sue for this blatant trampling of my sensitivities.

To soothe the pain of having to pay a grand for tuition from my already empty pockets and make the loss of funds up to myself, I went and bought a very nice expensive lipgloss from Christian Dior.

Hmm.

Well, that made sense in my head at the time anyway...

Mia :: 6:28 PM

Comments:
Why do you love me? Why do you need me? Always and forever... We met in a chatroom, now our love can fully bloom... Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make my salivate... I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But I STILL love technology... Always and forever. Our love is like a flock of doves, flying up to heaven above... always and forever, always and forever... Why do you need me? Why do you love me? Always and forever...
 
Your poetry is growing ever scarier, my dear hahaha
 
Post a Comment